• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Tube Fendered XJ? Anyone?

uncc civilengineer

NAXJA Forum User
I know about the new company that has some prototypes out but is there anyone out there running tub fenders? If so please post up some pictures...

Im considering attempting to produce some F&R tube fenders that are functional but actually look good.

Am I too ambitious?

Chris

ive got the hardware to build some for my XJ, if i get around to it ill give you some snapps and you can decide if you like em. might be a good long time before it gets done, but if itll help... :cheers:

heres some.... not sure what company makes em or if there custom but there dam thick and sweet:D

Ponyracer-
I'd be happy to post 'my' tube fenders, but after linking to your Mildenhall
Off-Road club forum, I noticed your logo has STOLEN artwork in it. (TJ)
That Jeep was created by another club here in the good ol'USA, the paid
artist has been notified.

Its not nice to steal.

Last edited:
Detour said:
Its not nice to steal.

it is true that stealing is bad.

but im sure a lot of us would still benefit from seeing your tube fenders.

why punish the poster when someone who replied made you mad?

Detour said:
Ponyracer-
I'd be happy to post 'my' tube fenders, but after linking to your Mildenhall
Off-Road club forum, I noticed your logo has STOLEN artwork in it. (TJ)
That Jeep was created by another club here in the good ol'USA, the paid
artist has been notified.

Its not nice to steal.

Ponyracer didn't start this thread though.

Correct, he contributed.
He may not even be aware of the thieving in his clubs artwork.
A pm may have been more appropriate, my bad, caught up in the moment.

My tube flares can be seen in my avatar, and surely by using the search function.

The company producing that rear steel flare is on the right track, a steel
plate backing, matching a quarter panel or fender, is about the best way to
create a bolt on tube, or in their case, a plate style fender flare.

God dam, ya a PM would have been plenty. No need for the artist to become a member of our site just to call us names. I didn't know that was a SPECIAL COPYRIGHTED image but I didn't make (or steal) our logo.

By the way once something is posted all over the web with no copyright tags it's fair game, so piss off.

OK....Thank you Detour... your avatar really helps me w/ design...

Honestly, if you are so upset about your club's logo being used in England please notify whoever and quit wasting space here....that's ridiculous...

IF anyone actually has beneficial input please share otherwise please dont waste the space.

Last edited:
ponyracer1 said:
By the way once something is posted all over the web with no copyright tags it's fair game, so piss off.

not true.

do some research before posting about something you are unfamiliar with

http://www.templetons.com/brad/copymyths.html

"If it doesn't have a copyright notice, it's not copyrighted."

This was true in the past, but today almost all major nations follow the Berne copyright convention. For example, in the USA, almost everything created privately and originally after April 1, 1989 is copyrighted and protected whether it has a notice or not. The default you should assume for other people's works is that they are copyrighted and may not be copied unless you know otherwise. There are some old works that lost protection without notice, but frankly you should not risk it unless you know for sure.
It is true that a notice strengthens the protection, by warning people, and by allowing one to get more and different damages, but it is not necessary. If it looks copyrighted, you should assume it is. This applies to pictures, too. You may not scan pictures from magazines and post them to the net, and if you come upon something unknown, you shouldn't post that either.

I, for one, would like to see more pics of this mod...and no more "copywright infringment arguments". The ones I have seen so far look sweet, good work guys.

Jeez guys! In my opinion, tube fenders are way cooler to look at and read about than some silly argument. These are private issues that the rest of us shouldn't have to deal with.

I'd like to see how they turned out covered in sheet metal.... Look nice so far.

When you finish the tubing for the fenders, do you prefer welding sheet metal to the outside of the fenders, or the inside, or meet half way? I like the look of the tubing on the outside (read: with the sheetmetal welded under the tubing) if the rest of the xj is exo caged.

Back