• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Need help re: rear door fixed window weatherstrip

MichiganXJ

NAXJA Forum User
I have a 2000 4-door XJ. On the rear doors, there is a vertical divider of sorts between the fixed portion of the window and the larger portion that can be moved up and down.

1) What is this part called? I don't even know what to search for.

2) How difficult is it to remove and replace it? Mine are rotted out, and I believe are contributing to the wind noise in the passenger compartment (comparable to a soft top TJ). They also leak.

3) If getting good used ones is an option, is there any particular year that will or will not work on my 2000?

Thanks in advance.

I looked it up in my 2000 parts guide and it seems to be part of the "Privacy Window" assembly. Is the metal track itself bad? Usually the weather stripping goes bad, leaks and creates a lot of wind noise. If the track itself is bad, JY would be the best option. 97+ should work but I didn't cross reference the parts.

The fixed window metal strip and the glass are glued together. To remove/install, lower the movable glass and remove the felt wipers/gaskets from the bottom of the movable glass. Take off the door panel, remove the Torx bolt on top of the door frame, remove the bolt inside the door. Wiggle the fixed window up and out. It sometimes helps to partially remove the weatherstrip gasket that the movable windows slides up and down in.

Back