• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

manual to power window conversion

peanut1881

NAXJA Forum User
i have a 1990 jeep xj with manual windows and i want to put power windows in it. i have a 1992 xj with power that i was going to use for the conversion does any one know if this is plug and play or no?? and how big of a job is it??

thanks

Should be plug and play, might not be (90 was RENIX, 92 was OBD-I, harness plugs may have changed.)

It's a fairly big job - you will need to swap in the wiring harnesses for both doors, as well as the cross body wiring harness which goes under the carpet below the pedals and the passenger's feet. Plan on pulling the center console and several pieces of trim on each side to get the carpet to fold back cleanly.

It is plug and play. I did it on an 89 with 96 p/w parts. you can hard wire it. Just make sure you get the complete wire harness. It would be a good idea to run a relay, dont forget an inline fuse. Make sure you have a good ground.

Unlike newer vehicles that have the harness unplugged already there, you need the harness and need to run it where they go. I guess you could do a combo stock/custom wire job.

Back