• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Spray-on Bed Liner

4WDlifeform

NAXJA Forum User
I have been doing some body work to my moms TJ lately, and decided to try something out... I have always laughed at the spray on bed liner stuff, but i got to say, Im honestly surprised. Its no where near the texture of real bed liner, but its good for some other things. Just thought I'd share with you guys my results:

Here is what I used. It was about 8 dollars a can.
DSC_0717.jpg

Applied to cut-out fender flairs. They were a cheap-knock-off brand, and were smooth flat plastic. They had faded pretty badly. Kinda look like the Bushwackers with the bed liner:
DSC_0711.jpg

Close up of the texture:
DSC_0714.jpg

Applied to mirrors, as the paint was damaged there:
DSC_0716.jpg

These pics were taken about a week after the job was done. Still holding strong. This jeep is her DD, so the parts will not see any trail abuse at all. So, from a DD standpoint, I'm anxious to see how these things hold up.

The bed liner was also applied to the step-panels (located in the rocker area) and to the door handles. I went through about 3.5 cans to do all the work. Applied 3 coats to everything.

For the prep, all I did was rough the surfaces with a 60 grit sand paper, cleaned, and painted. The paint is thick and textured, so it covered the scouring very well.

For spray on bed liner, I have come to find that for things like this, it gives a good look. It seems tough and well adhered to the plastic and pre-painted parts. Overall, I'm quite surprised, and got to say, worth the 8 bucks a can :thumbup: (if it were me buying it! haha)

wow that looks really great!

Back