• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Preping New bumper for Raptor

rehberg79

NAXJA Forum User
I Just got my JCR front bumper and I am wanting to spray it with "U-Pol Raptor" spray on bed liner. My question is, should I primer this first or just clean it up and spray the bumper bare metal?

Mat

The raptor liner is fine to spray on bare metal, just make sure it's absolutely positively 100% clean, wax, and grease free. Wash it down with some water/dawn dish soap. Dry. Repeat 3 or 4 times.

Then right before you spray, wipe it down again with some 90% iso alcohol on a microfiber towel.

If you want to primer it, use a 2k epoxy primer (it's bare metal...), and MAKE SURE it's not anything spray bomb. Any lacquer based paints will lift rift off when the catalyzed raptor liner hits it.

Eastwood (re-branded Kirker) makes a cheap and decent epoxy primer. I got some for like $30 a quart to my door. I'm sure you'll find plenty of uses for it too...

Back