• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

35's or 39's

mess with the speedo gear, or regear your axles... or heck maybe even upgrade them to something that'll handle 35s or larger if you haven't already.

larger tire is what would make your vehicle move faster at the same RPM. Just not sure if 39s will get ya spot on.

what axles are you running and what gears? a speedo gear is only 70$ or so online, and you can get them for like 20-35$ used. theres a link somewhere around here that gives you tire size and gear ratio and the right tooth speedo gear.

we are seriously concerned about our speedometer being off?

by 6 mph?

at 85 79 mph?

and the fix is a change in tire size?

huh?

I have had bone stock vehicles where the speedometer was off by that much

we are seriously concerned about our speedometer being off?

by 6 mph?

at 85 79 mph?

and the fix is a change in tire size?

huh?

I have had bone stock vehicles where the speedometer was off by that much

And it was probably an XJ! :roflmao:

what axles are you running and what gears? a speedo gear is only 70$ or so online, and you can get them for like 20-35$ used. theres a link somewhere around here that gives you tire size and gear ratio and the right tooth speedo gear.

X2 please tell me you are running 4.88's or 5.13's.

A speedo gear is only $35 or so from partsmike. It's easy. I did it in like 10 minutes.

I keep checking and it still is 4 days after April 1st

in order to get the correct speedometer reading you need 42x8.5's, simple

You're wrong, I've seen your jeep, its got 30s front and rear not 35s

Back