• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

New Question & Follow Up to High Oil Pressure Reading

oldbill

NAXJA Forum User
With your suggestions, I think I've determined that the problem with the high oil pressure reading on my wife's 2000 Cherokee 4.0 engine is the oil sensor switch. Still want to use a manual gauge to check it though. I'm buying that tomorrow. The reason I believe it is the sender is that if I turn the key to the run position, but do not start the engine the voltmeter, temperature and fuel gauge all read correctly, however the oil pressure gauge shows almost 30psi.

Now for my new question, how do you get the stupid connector off without breaking it?? I felt for a release and found what I thought was the release, pressed it but it still doesn't want to come off! Thought I'd seek guidance so that I don't break it!

Still miss the old vehicles, had to work on them a little more often, but they sure were easier to do so!

Thanks for all your help
Bill

You should have to raise the tab/lock to release it.

FYI, when you have follow on questions related to the original thread just add to that thread, keeps things a little less complicated and sometimes important information that can help find the answer to the second question has already been posted in the original thread.

Also, welcome to NAXJA! :wave:

Back