• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Cant seem to find an answer. RE Superflex question.

Power5

NAXJA Forum User
I have RE 5.5 Super flex control arms. I want to replace all the non-high misalignment ends. Does any one know if there is a poly replacement for these? Are they the same size as stock? Mine are rubber and shot after 1 year. Any help would be great. Even most of the RE vendors cant give me a straight answer.

Not quite sure which end (axle or body) you are referring to. But if you are asking about the body side of the lower CA then:
YES - there are poly replacements for them & and yes they use the stock size bushings available at the parts store.

On the RE website they are (were) listed. My shot after a year too and I replaced them with these poly bushings. They also have the smaller size for the body size of the upper CA's, but I have the flex joints so I didn't replace them.

http://www.rubiconexpress.com/Builders-Parts.htm?Vid=BB394926

I have the Super Flex kit. So, you are saying that Poly bushings will replace the rubber bushings at all ends that dont have the Super Flex?

Thanks, That is what I wanted to know.

Power5 said:
I have the Super Flex kit. So, you are saying that Poly bushings will replace the rubber bushings at all ends that dont have the Super Flex?

Thanks, That is what I wanted to know.

You need to be more clear, at all ends of *what*?

Call them directly.

THIS IS AS EXPICIT AS I CAN GET:
On the lower CA there is a flex joint at the axle end, and a rubber bushing at the rear (body) end. The replace the ONLY RUBBER BUSHING on that lower CA, you need p/n RE3761 "Super-ride Assembly Large". To do both sides you need 2.

On the upper control arm there is a fork on the axle end that mounts to a bushing on the axle. This bushing is not offered through RE to my knowledge. On the rear (body) end of the upper CA there is a flex joint since you say you have the super flex kit. So you don't have any poly bushing replacements for the upper CA.
If you don't have the flex joint on the upper CA at the body end, and you have rubber, then you need the RE3760 "Super-ride assembly small". If you want to do both sides then you need 2.

Make sense?

Back