• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Gearz..

NW-ZJ-SCOTT

TEXAS-JT-SCOTT
NAXJA Member
Its that time for me. where did you portland guys shop? I like Justdifferentials prices. but have not read much about Nitro gears.

Just need parts. already have an installer.

I went to www.completeoffroad.com Locker and gears. Had them installed by Dan's Gears in shearwood.

I went through them as well my first time around. I got their package deal that included the gear set and install kit. Fast shipping, good prices, no compaints.

Second time around I had KNA Offroad order a new gear set from Randy's Ring & Pinion. A little more expensive, but I got it within a day or two.

I would however suggest supporting a local vendor, or BBQ Sponsor if at all possible. ;)

Dave. Thank you, that place has GREAT prices:heart:

They are cool, its actually seven springs customs. Everything I have ordered has been Yukon. Even the stuff they adverstise as Name Brand, with no brand. I think he sells below MAP, so he can't say the brand.

i ordered from justdifferentials good price not sure on quality cause they haven't been installed yet... but i did just order all the tools to do that too so i can get them installed... only been tripping over them on the floor 4 months now.:D:D

I just had gears installed by a shop in Bellingham, Driveline Service. They like Nitro the best. He said that they are made in Italy, using some of the original Dana moulds. They're not so fond of Yukon. He said one of the stampers must be dyslexic as the stated clearances are usually off. I have Nitro in the front, Yukon in the back, and the latter are a little noisier I think. Just looking at the two before they were installed, I thought that the Nitro gears looked like they were machined better. Nitro is cheaper too:laugh3:

I just had gears installed by a shop in Bellingham, Driveline Service. They like Nitro the best. He said that they are made in Italy, using some of the original Dana moulds. They're not so fond of Yukon. He said one of the stampers must be dyslexic as the stated clearances are usually off. I have Nitro in the front, Yukon in the back, and the latter are a little noisier I think. Just looking at the two before they were installed, I thought that the Nitro gears looked like they were machined better. Nitro is cheaper too:laugh3:

I believe Nitros are made in India, like Yukons. I've installed dozens of sets of Yukons without a single issue, and it's a local company, and their warranty process is super easy to deal with. The Nitros are decent from the few sets I've used too, I guess I've just had more experience with the Yukon stuff. All of their install kits are Timken bearings too.

I have heard 99.9% good things about Yukon, i leave tomorrow for vacation, I've already pulled the front axle, sometime next weekend i plan to pull the rear and order the rear R/P and install kit, I'll go ahead and get it installed this month and work on the front axle next month.

Back