• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

EXTENDED IDLE HELP

CMAHON

NAXJA Forum User
YES I SEARCHED AND READ ALL THE THREADS OVER AND OVER. I GOT AN 01 AND DID THE INSTALL WITH FACTORY SWITCH AND DEFROST PIGTAIL. SWITCH DID NOT WORK AND DASH LIGHTS CAME ON WHEN ACTIVATED.????

:roflmao:I was wondering how a "case converter" was going to give you extended idle capabilities. But yeah CMAHON, almost 100 posts on here and no one has told you that all caps signifies YELLING!?

As for the extended idle problem, sounds to me like you got some wires mixed up. It seems the switch is activating your dimmer circuit instead of grounding the idle actuator circuit. Did you use the following wiring guidelines I posted in the big thread?

3. Extended Idle Switch wiring is as follows (per the FSM):
Pin #1 - Ground (Black on the OEM Ext Idle pigtail)
Pin #2 - Idle Actuator (Grey on the OEM Ext Idle pigtail)
Pin #3 - Fused Ignition Switch Output (RUN) (Dark Blue w/ White stripe on the OEM Ext Idle Pigtail)
Pin #4 - Fused Panel Lamps Dimmer Switch Signal (Orange on the OEM Ext Idle Pigtail)

Unless you managed to score a pigtail from a Police Package XJ, your pigtail will not match up. I chose to use the Defrost pigtail since the #1 & #4 (Black & Orange) leads are the same as the original pigtail. Here's the easiest way to wire it all up:

Connect Ext Idle Switch Pin #1 to Fog Lamp Switch Pin #4 (Black)
Connect Ext Idle Switch Pin #2 to your wire leading to A12 on the PCM
Connect Ext Idle Switch Pin #3 to A/C Heater Control Pin #2 (Dark Blue / White stripe)
Connect Ext Idle Switch Pin #4 to Fog Lamp Switch Pin #1 (Orange)

Be sure to use the tiny numbers stamped on the pigtail you're using for your extended idle switch when referencing the above guidelines, not the wire colors themselves. If you could provide a picture of the switch wiring it may help with troubleshooting as well.

Back