• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Where to get rock rails like RCX or C4x4?

metooo

NAXJA Forum User
I apologize if this is the wrong forum. I really like this style rail and love the price of the RCX, but RCX no longer makes sliders for the XJ. If you know somewhere that may still have some RCX sliders in stock or a manufacture that has a similar style (close-fit) for around $200, please let me know.

If you are using them just for looks, great.

However, they have a design flaw in that they don't attach to the pinch seam and could easily flex into the body upon contact with a rock.

Sry, I realized that I didn't post anything related to where you might find them.

*EDIT* I just realized that your thread title included C4x4. I was talking strictly about the RCX rails. I have no knowledge of the C4x4 ones.

Do you mean the rails with the outer rail angled up? Im sure most companies would be willing to do that for you, possibly with no extra charge even. I like that style and if I do bolt on rails I will have some with the angled outer rail.

If you are using them just for looks, great.

However, they have a design flaw in that they don't attach to the pinch seam and could easily flex into the body upon contact with a rock.

Sry, I realized that I didn't post anything related to where you might find them.

*EDIT* I just realized that your thread title included C4x4. I was talking strictly about the RCX rails. I have no knowledge of the C4x4 ones.

Yeah, just for looks. My truck sees sand, and loose dirt hills, and boat ramps. Nothing more extreme than that.

Do you mean the rails with the outer rail angled up? Im sure most companies would be willing to do that for you, possibly with no extra charge even. I like that style and if I do bolt on rails I will have some with the angled outer rail.

Yep, angled up and close to the body.

The c4x4 tubes rock rails are only .140" wall. Seems a little thin to me but you can get them from their website. http://www.custom4x4fabrication.com/order.html

Yep. The C4x4's are my next choice. If I can't find cheaprer They are $85 more than the then going price of the RCX's.

Last edited:
Have you considered JCR? I can tell you for a fact they'll take a beating!

www.jcroffroad.com

http://www.jcroffroad.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=XJSL3&Category_Code=XJS

Their Stage 3s are angled, and if you call them, they are willing to do somewhat custom stuff to get you exactly what you want.

Possible alternative: Heavy Duty. 3/16" 3 x 3 square tubing, angled side round tubing, strong!!

http://www.jcroffroad.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=XJSL3&Category_Code=XJS

Too slow, I beat you to it. :moon:

Thanks, but those aren't angled up. Is that shipping cost typical? Ouch!

The stage 3's are as mentioned by Darky. The shipping is typical but if you catch the rails on sale its not too bad. You gotta think though, this is 100 pounds of steel they are shipping. They also offer a discount of 10% for RED letter members. They are a value at even the regular price! If you are dead set on C4x4 I have their THB's installed currently and their products are well made.

when you receive the package from jcr, the shipping price's make sense. the package is 100+ lbs, its not the chintsy bullshit poseur stuff you listed in the title, this stuff is designed to be used.

when you receive the package from jcr, the shipping price's make sense. the package is 100+ lbs, its not the chintsy bullshit poseur stuff you listed in the title, this stuff is designed to be used.

^this^ :cheers:

I have the the C4x4 double tube rock rails and their rear bumper/tire carrier. Their stuff is very well made. The prices are very decent. I have been happy.

As far as the rock rails go, the powdercoat along the bottom on the tubes has been ground off. But that is purely cosmetic. They show no sign of denting or bending. I have had the Jeep resting on one side or the other and they never budge. For the record they bolt to the pinch seam also.

My 2 cents

Brian

Back