• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

qucik bastard pack question

ricot83

NAXJA Member #1297
My old jeep got rear-ended, but I had full quadratec HD leaf packs on there with a 3"aal and they are fairly new. I was wondering in the interest of saving time and aggrivation, if my spring bolts pose to be as much of a problem as my old jeep gave me, Can I take all but the main leaf from the HD pack and put it under the stock main leaf on my 99 xj?

the only reason for this like i said is to make it easier to swap everything over. If I go to take out the bolt and it actually just comes out, then I will obviously take the whole pack over and do that, but if the bolts dont come out and I take all the leaves except the main one, what do I lose?

I've made a couple of bastard packs and have never had my main leaf off. There is no problem doing that.

the only reason i ask is because the hd packs look to have more arc and my stock ones on the 99 xj right now are freakin beyond flat.

ok cool, there will actually be like 5 leaves total i think because i am taking the three original hd pack leaves, plus the aal and a stock main leaf with the ends cut off. how does that sound??

sounds fine to me. thats what most people do anyway. actually a lot of people just use the stock leaves with add a leaves, even when they are sagged. you are basically getting and entirely new leaf pack. using the main leaf as a platform. it will work great. maybe even a little stiff.

sweet thanks man.

Back