• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rustoleum weldthru primer

fasteddieyj

NAXJA Forum User
Called the local Ace Hardware yesterday looking for some weldthru primer and they saisd they carried some. When I asked for a price they came back with 4.49 a can. They said it is Rustoleyum brand but I can't find anything on their website about it. Anyone have any experience using this stuff? TIA

At that price, I'd be very sure of what I was getting...it seems really low. I just paid $22 for a can of this stuff to use on my frame stiffeners and body before I put them on.

http://semproducts.com/Catalog.asp?prod=261

Maybe a little expensive, but I didn't want to wait, or pay for shipping. Online, going price seems to be about $18.

Steve

Turns out the primer was actually Krylon Rough Stuff which I have actually heard a few good things about. It was $7.99 a can, still a little cheaper than anything else that I have seen, but I got 2 cans and am gonna try it out when I install my frame stiffeners in a few weeks.

I'd go with the higher end stuff.. SEM copper weld or similar. You only have one shot at this.. if product fails, you fold like a taco

Back