• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Wrangler Skids on XJ?

4WDlifeform

NAXJA Forum User
Hey guys. I have been doing some work on my moms TJ. Recently put a 2" coil booster lift, and now noticing light drive line vibes. She does not even take this thing out on a rainy day, so, just going to cut some square tube and fab some t-case drop brackets. BUT...

I noticed it has the factory skids... gas tank and t-case. Just by looking, and understanding the differences between the TJ and XJ, its probably not a direct swap, and I'm ok with that. Since I'm going to be removing the t-case skid, I thought, I can sure use it! Shes willing to give it to me, after I spent 20 minutes explaining to her what the thing is haha.

Has anyone ever done this? or, read about it? I can't find anything on here... I can try searching jeepforum, but that site kinda bugs me.... Let me know if you got any info or suggestions. Thanks in advance!!

it will be a waste of time trying to hack them up to make them work, and even then, they will be just that... hacked

yeah the TJ belly-pan, or shovel, is also the cross member. sort of important

yeah the TJ belly-pan, or shovel, is also the cross member. sort of important

your mom could live without it. just use some ratchet straps, tie wire and duct tape to hold it in. then use the same to mount it to your xj:looser:

I've also been wanting to put a tj skid/belly pan on my '92 XJ its an after market 33 engineering one that i got from my dad. Any ideas?

hey man, can i make the back window from my dads old and now crush pinto work as the winshield of my xj? and i got a rear axle from an old caravan- can i put that in the xj for a front wheel drive xj??:dunce:

Back