• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

reverse lights

islandbum

NAXJA Forum User
Just found out today I have no reverse lights. Never really paid that much attention to them.
To be perfectly clear they are not burned out or shorted out. THEY ARE GONE.
I was changing the bulb in the brake light and surprise on reverse lights. I was in a hurry and had no time to look for the wires. So I really don't know what happened to them.
No sure why anyone would remove reverse lights.
My jeep is a 1992 4.0 with auto trans. That was pulled behind a motor home by the first owner. Maybe he removed them for some reason
Just wanted to share a fun jeep story. :spin1:

No Joe, he's saying that there weren't any bulbs in the reverse light sockets! :twak:

Damn! Almost had a perfect day until this happened! :anon:

Of course, there is still time to edit and pretend it never happened. :firedevil

No Joe, he's saying that there weren't any bulbs in the reverse light sockets! :twak:
Actually there where no reverse light sockets it is all gone.
Can't figure out why someone would do that?
I guess it is time to check and see it the wiring is there and get some reverse lights:rof:

I know in VA (nowhere near you) that in order to pass a safety inspection, "all safety items on the vehicle must work." There is an interpretation that if you don't have the sockets for back-up lamps, they don't have to work-- but if the sockets are present, they must function as designed. Many "less competent" mechanics will remove them instead of repairing an "electrical problem."

That could be the deal. I am original from AR. and so is the jeep. They no longer have a safety Inspection, but it did pass the last one given in 1997.
I'll just make my wife hold a flashlight while I am backing up. Why fix something when you can take a stupid short cut!!! Like removing something that is to hard to fix.

lol.... You can find replacement sockets at just about any autoparts store around here, but don't know about MX. As long as the wiring still works, a few splices, a couple of bulbs and Bob's your uncle. ;)

I know in VA (nowhere near you) that in order to pass a safety inspection, "all safety items on the vehicle must work." There is an interpretation that if you don't have the sockets for back-up lamps, they don't have to work-- but if the sockets are present, they must function as designed. Many "less competent" mechanics will remove them instead of repairing an "electrical problem."

This stupid short cut.:roll:

Not not mine. Now you're just try to get me in trouble:skull2:

Back