• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Looking for build help

nightfoam

NAXJA Forum User
So, I've got all the parts I need for my Jeep. I've had them. For quite some time. Actually, I've been sitting on them for over a month, waiting for my shop to be ready for me. I'm tired of getting dicked around, I want my Jeep running again!
I'd do it all myself but I don't have a place to work on it or the tools and I question my know-how. So, I'm looking for help building my Jeep. I've got:
lift, front and rear bumpers (rear needs sanding and repainting) roof rack, HD Shackle relocation brackets, rock sliders, xfer drop, a winch and a whole mess of lighting.
I'm willing to pay for this help and I'd like to get it done sooner rather than later. Definitely something in the Portland area, I'd like in my neck of the woods (sw) but I'm not that picky.
Anybody want to help or have any suggestions?

You find the place. i'll bring whatever tools i've got that will help, and i'll be an extra set of hands. dont need paid. lez doo eet...

Will I maybe able to offer up my parents garage. It's where I work on my jeep. I got quit a bit of tools, and a small air compressor. There's plenty of room to do all the things you listed. Once I bleed the brakes on my jeep I can pull it out. Let me talk to them and maybe we can do it this weekend? It's in Gresham, let me know if you think this will work. They're use to me being there EVERY Saturday and Sunday working on it with a few friends, so I don't think they'll mind. But if we finish it this weekend, you have to bring it out on the 17th.

Im am happy to bring tools, and help out. Or I could talk to the wifey about using our driveway. The garage is storage, and trashed. lol But I do all my work in the driveway. When are you looking to do this? I'm in the Cedar hills area of Beaverton, not very central but close to you.

You find the place. i'll bring whatever tools i've got that will help, and i'll be an extra set of hands. dont need paid. lez doo eet...

we got yur back ryan !

Although i am currently in my own lil mess, trying to get my junk re-did. so i will say i am 75% there for ya man :kissyou:

icon10.gif

You should strip/sand and paint that bumper now, so that it's ready to go when you have numerous hands around to help wrestle it into place. I'm too far from Oregon, but I wish you luck. :)

I'm down to help. We could do it in my driveway. My Driveway is not flat, but it will work. Its not covered, but a little rain never hurt anyone :)

If I remember right, your not going that big right, 3 or so inches?

Let me know, I would be willing to load up my junk and help somewhere else also.

So if I were to have a mini build party this coming Saturday (the 22nd) up on Bald Peak (northwest of Newberg) would anybody be interested in helping out?
All I'll be doing is installing the lift (which would include HD shackle relocation brackets) and the xfer drop.
I'll have food and "beverages" for those helping out.

Ryan, I understand your situation, But is there anyway you can arrange a work party the following saturday (29th)? or sometime during the week (24-29th)?

I know a few of the people that have offered help could potentially be busy that same saturday. But i would love to lend a hand (ask rod.. i work HARD.. and alllll day long!:moon:)

Well my goal is to head east the following weekend, being Memorial Day and all.
There is potential I could do it during the week, however my Uncle won't be around and I'm not sure he'd be comfortable with other people there while he isn't around.

I'm painting the spare tire carrier today, rewiring the license plate light and backup lights. Still have the sliders to install, front bumper and winch, roof rack and lights lights lights.

Okay,,, how bout the 5th? Or any time next week. I realistically only need one or two people, hopefully somebody who knows what they're doing. Otherwise I'll just figure it out myself. NWFest isn't that far away and I gotta get this ish on!

Back