• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

97 Country Spring -> 2001 ?

danny Benavidez

NAXJA Forum User
I fond a 97 Country at pick-and-pull and thinking of taking it's rear springs and installing them onto my 2001 XJ. I'm going back to pick-and-pull today to get the VIN so I can find the miles on the 97 Country. It will give me an idea on how worn out the springs are. This 97 dos NOT have a tow hitch so it was not used to tow any heavy trailers.

My 2001 XJ is my work truck,. I dive on many dirt roads and some off-roading in it . And a lot of long 3-Hour trips to and from construction jobsite inside of Texas. So i only need a small lift.

1) Do you think this upgrade maybe a waste of my time ?
2) Do I also need the front springs ?

Yeah... unless it's got the upcountry package, this will gain you nothing. The Country designation tells you what trim and options it had, nothing more.

I would say, get either Qtec replacement leafs or for about the same amount you can grab some OME lift leafs med-hd recommended.

I would say, get either Qtec replacement leafs or for about the same amount you can grab some OME lift leafs med-hd recommended.

Yes I did see them but thay cost more than a 3" lift

I was thinking of getting skyjacker "Softride Springs" . I know my rear leaf springs are flat. And I will like to get Full replacement springs not an add-a-leaf. But at the same time I wish to stay under 3" of lift. Yes I also like to have my cake and eat it too. :lickout: .

Up front I'm happy with 1 ~ 2" spaceres

Back