• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Best route to big bear..

Johnnie Walker

Piece of Fish!
NAXJA Member
I'm seeing a few different ways that might work. The route that it gives is 290 miles. If you change it to take the 210 all the way to the 18 it's 265 miles, but a there are a lot more curves. Or another thing you could do is take the 166 to the 5 to the 138 etc. That would be 280 miles and would bypass all the L.A. area traffic. I don't travel the 166 or 138 often though, so I don't know what they are like.

that route may be shorter on a map but not really the fastest.... i would look into a more direct route

like 138 like ol boy said

How's this route.. a few miles shorter, dunno how the further east highways are, 126 isnt too bad.
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&sou...18.574066&sspn=0.814671,0.800629&ie=UTF8&z=10
Thats probably the route I'd take. I'm not familiar with the roads over your way, but from palmdale on it should be a decent drive. The Northern road up to BB is a pretty nice road too.

Check the caltrans site and make sure there are no closures, road work, delays, etc. just before you leave and then be ready to have an alternate route if there is.

I know it's been posted... but don't want anyone to get stuck on 330:

SR 330
[IN THE SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA AREA]
IS CLOSED FROM HIGHLAND AVE /IN SAN BERNARDINO/ TO 2 MI WEST OF RUNNING
SPRINGS (SAN BERNARDINO CO) 24 HRS A DAY 7 DAYS A WEEK THRU 0001 HRS ON 6/18/10
- DUE TO CONSTRUCTION - A DETOUR IS AVAILABLE

Back