• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

auxilary fan size and aftermarket fans

muddeprived

NAXJA Forum User
I want to replace my auxilary e-fan with an aftermarket fan that's quieter and maybe more powerful. What size is the stock e-fan and any good priced fans to swap it with?

Why not pull your mech fan and install a double or triple fan with a sensor/switch

I want to replace my auxilary e-fan with an aftermarket fan that's quieter and maybe more powerful. What size is the stock e-fan and any good priced fans to swap it with?

I doubt that you can have BOTH.

The more air you move the louder the noise.

I doubt that you can have BOTH.

The more air you move the louder the noise.

Well my stock fan vibrates really bad. I think the bearings are going or something with the motor. Anything would be better than this one lol.

Do you know the cfm rating for the stock fan?

Don't forget that a lot of the efficiency of the fan comes from the shroud. If you just throw another fan without a shroud, it may not do the job you are looking for. If you search "Taurus fan", you will probably get a lot of info about that most common swap and others.

OK. Googled "efan cfm naxja" and came up with this: http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=991837

Yeah I'm planning on re-using the existing shroud to fit a 10 or 11 inch fan inside of it.

I found the specs for the fan from my other local board:

The stock fan ('97 & up) is;
Bosch GPB 12v 13.5Amps
12" dia x 3.25" depth

Flow;
.25 Cubic Meter Per Sec
900 Cubic Meter Per Hour
530 Cubic Foot Per Minute

So it's 530 cfm and I'm gonna look for a 700-900 cfm fan, probably from summit.

Back