• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Auf Wiedersehen NAXJA

SUA SPONTE

NAXJA Forum User
So It is done. I do not have the intestinal fortitude required to build again, but I will drive on and learn from my youthful arrogance.
After two xjs, thousands of dollars and hours I have met some great friends here. John and the boys at ACROR: The only people I am happy to give money to! I would drink a beer with any of you, or even a mikes hard god goddamnit. Thanks again J for taking all my calls and eventually, my broken hulk of a thing.
GI-John. Man I miss you. Ill see you when your on the other side, Its good over here.
Rich, Your a one off. Too crazy to live, to rare to die.
Crane High Clearance. Your diff cover is the only thing that survived un-scathed. I will be contacting you when I build my front end.
Matt: If you correct my speelling or gramatical Im going to bitch slap you. Only civilian friend I ever had who pulled a knife on a mother fawker in my defense.
I forget your name but the nice portly fellow who gave me the recovery gear at the PNW meet and Great some years back. I look forward to having a rig to put it in.
Ean and Shawnta- Thanks so much for the Great deal on the V-dub and all the good times.
AHHHHHH and JB-Weld, Formerly OD-XJ. To see your rear bumper go was the worst of it for me. Sometimes, I would just spend a few minutes staring at it, admiring the attention to detail and expert level craftsmanship. I admire your fabrication skills and strive to be half as accomplished as you.
Steve Stalboerger at Offroad Only: You started me down this slippery slope, and I cant thank you enough. Your ORO U-Turn is bullet proof(almost)
Moab 4x4 outpost: Please hang on the shop wall what I am sure is the most mangled bumper you guys have ever built. BTW, that warn you guys sold be is still under warranty right? it wont unspool at all and Im pretty sure its a solenoid or a factory default of some sort.
Michael aka 2xtreme: You dont need to get on your soapbox, I definitely get the irony of my last thread and then me smashing my face into my dash and very nearly avoiding death.

As for my condition? My knees are doing poorly and I have 24 stitches in my face. I crashed in the boondocks with no cell service. After Doing an airborne shuffle for several miles I was able to find someone to give me a ride to the hospital, about an hour away.
I could see through the laceration to my face my upper jaw bone. My front 4 teeth had the gums "de-gloved" to the bone. Apparently that isnt an emergency at the ER in bellingham. The trauma nurses took my vitals and let me bleed in the waiting room for over 3 hours before they stitched me up. Turns out A traumatic brain injury and a concussion is a pretty big deal. They charged the VA so thanks every one on the tax dollars for the worst health care in the world. In retrospect it was more efficient at the civillian ER than the VA would have been.:patriot:

Well thats me out guys. Had a good time while it lasted. Im going to look for block lifted toyotas on CL:laugh:

DSCN2501.jpg

Last edited:
I wanted the airbags, Tom, but you had to go bleed all over them. Jerk! :)

PS. I have a stove for your bus.

Sad end for a nice rig. Glad you're doing OK, even if you're a little beat up.

Don't be a stranger if you're in the neighborhood.

JB

I definitely get the irony of my last thread and then me smashing my face into my dash and very nearly avoiding death.

Nobody here wished you that type of injury over your comments. Hope you recover well and return to the sport with greater knowledge.

Dang man heal up!

~Scott

P.S. Details on rear bumper? :)

FWIW, this is the hardest hit I've personally seen an XJ take. The bumper pushed back into the motor, shoved the entire drivetrain backwards approx. 2", breaking the motor mounts, harmonic balancer, engine timing cover, and transmission bellhousing in the process.

J

Back