• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Need JCR Rails and RK LA help

PoSxJ

NAXJA Forum User
Since JCR decided to send me rock sliders set up for the wrong long arms, even after multiple emails, I need some advise on making them work.

I was thinking of cutting the RK long arm brackets where the slider mounting plate over laps, then just weld the long arm brackets on. Or I would weld the two together, then bolt them on together. Or I could just cut the front support off the rail and re-weld it on in the correct position. What do you guys think? I don't have a welder, but I can borrow one, or take it to get welded.

Here's a picture of what I'm talking about.

SlidersandLongArms.png

Before you mount those RK LCA mounts, do yourself a favor and cleant the undercoating on the unibody all around where those will be mounting. Chances are, you will have to weld them on to keep them from moving around.... Ask me how I know.

Since JCR decided to send me rock sliders set up for the wrong long arms, even after multiple emails, I need some advise on making them work.

I was thinking of cutting the RK long arm brackets where the slider mounting plate over laps, then just weld the long arm brackets on. Or I would weld the two together, then bolt them on together. Or I could just cut the front support off the rail and re-weld it on in the correct position. What do you guys think? I don't have a welder, but I can borrow one, or take it to get welded.

Here's a picture of what I'm talking about.

SlidersandLongArms.png

Did you try to call JCR? They tend to be easier to reach on the phone. They have been swamped with orders over the last few weeks because of the stimulus sale. I agree with the others just relocate the front leg on the rail.

You'll probably run into the same issue I did: If you move the mount forward the strip that bolts to the pinch seam won't reach that mount. I moved mine backward, behind the LCA mount and I'm going to build a new slider mount that will go in front of the LCA mount. It just won't be tied into the pinch seam like the other 2.

Good luck!

JCR did the same exact thing to me I even paid the $5 buck to get them custom made for my RE lon arm kit.

I just cut the arms from the rails with a sawzall and re-welded them to where they would clear my RE skid plate.

Here are some pics of what I did.

I mark it where it needed to be welded.
XJJeep13.jpg

Cut off the arms.
XJJeep14.jpg

Ground it smooth.
XJJeep15.jpg

Then tacked it into place, and did a test fit.
XJJeep16.jpg

XJJeep17.jpg

Then welded then up and bolted them on. It was pretty easy and JCR was cool about it.
XJJeep18.jpg

Hope this helps you out.

Did you move both supports? What did you do about the pinch seam mount?

Can you call or e-mail me with your name or more order info? I sincerely apologize for the issue, but I'm confused at how the mix up happened.

I guess that is neither here nor there. If it were my jeep I would notch the long arm bracket and weld both the slider plate and long arm bracket together. Even in house I would make those two brackets one instead of having two separate brackets bolted to the frame. It's stronger for both pieces, and looks cleaner.

That said, we should have correctly sent them out in the first place, and I want to make you happy however I can.

[email protected]

Back