• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Kuhmos and snow...

EvanH

NAXJA Forum User
The tires I have now are getting pretty bald. I have a set of 31"x10.5" Kumho Venture MTs. I was going to put them on when I put my lift on in the spring. I don't really want to buy tires if I can use the Kumhos. How are they in snow and rain?

EvanH said:
The tires I have now are getting pretty bald. I have a set of 31"x10.5" Kumho Venture MTs. I was going to put them on when I put my lift on in the spring. I don't really want to buy tires if I can use the Kumhos. How are they in snow and rain?

I LOVE my kumho's in the snow!!! they are ok in the rain. no worse that any other mt type tire.

they are great in deep snow, thin fresh snow, and heavy wet snow. they are pretty good on ice. not blizzaks but pretty good. you can stud them if you spend a lot of time on ice.

did i mention that they are great in the snow?

I'd list of the drawback for you but i've done that here before and you already have them.

I've got a set of 35s on my daily driver/work truck/rockcrawler Toyota p/u and I've been over everything BUT snow and I absolutely love these tires (I've had just about every brand of M/T out there) I'm not saying they're the best tire I've ever owned (that would have to be the TrXus M/Ts) but, for the price, you can't beat them and they ARE great tires, regardless of price-----Hans

totally love them. my wife uses them. i use them. and my friends bought them after seeing us wheel with them.

so far they haven't let me down anytime i went wheeling and whatever terrain it was.

the only week spot would be rain, but it's not bad. i actually think they are much better in the rain than the goodyear MT/R's which completely suck in the rain.

and they flex really well offroad. i've had the sidewall almost touching, and am impressed how well those cheap tires perform.

Back