• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Adjustable LCAs vs RC CAD w/stock arms

funkle95

NAXJA Forum User
I have a RC 3" lift now, and I just upgraded to some 31s. My RC double shear adjustable trackbar w/ frame end drop bracket arrived in the mail a few days ago. This part won't fit with my Jeep at 3" so I'm gonna do a spacer/shackle BB to get it up another 1.5-2". My question is, should I go with RC adjustable LCAs only or as an alternative, go with RC's control arm drop and use my stock arms. My truck gets wheeled lightly and doesn't get flexed out too much and not on a terribly regular basis. Most of it's life is served on street duty. So the debate is, I get the extra strength and adjustability with the LCAs and I get the improved ride with the CAD kit. Either route will get my CA setup about where I think it should be at 4.5-5" of lift it's just a debate as to what's the best way to spend my money here, and what would you guys do? I'm really looking for some insight from anyone running similar setups (4-5" of lift and LCAs only, or 4-5" of lift and CAD brackets with your stock arms. What is the ride like, and the offroad performance like? And is anyone even running the RC drop brackets with stock arms at this height? I would really like to hear how it holds up (the stock arms that is) Thanks!

There is a very similar thread going on right now in the North Atlantic Chapter. Check it out, you will find tons of ideas. The name of the thread is something like "need opinions for a leaf spring guy"

My first jeep had drop brackets with stock upper and lowers at 4.5 inches and they held up just fine and it rode great.

And the caster angles were ok too? Also did the CAD/stock arms push your axle forward at all? I have read alot about that happening and people end up with their coils hitting their sway bar links and/or bumpstops. Although those experiences were mostly with adjustable CAs, not stock ones....

Back