• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

steering issue.....

falcon1235

NAXJA Forum User
ok guys been looking for a solution for a while. i did a hp44 swap with nuckle over steering. now i cant get lock to lock steering due to the longer arms on the 44 nuckles and the fact that my drag link is on the front side of my tie rod. I cant flip my drag link to the back of the tie rod because it will hit my track bar and bracket.... so im looking for a longet throw pitman arm that has about the same drop on it as a stock xj pitman arm. cause mat angles are about dead on or a diffrent way yo run my links that im not seeing.
insert bad paint pic
jeepsteeringone.jpg

You can't move your tie rod closer to the axle (shorten the effective length of the arms)?

Pics of your arms?

Michael

I would post this in the tech forums. A lot of others have had to deal with this issue before.

If you can find a different pitman arm that could work. But I would really make sure your steering box is supported well with frame bracing inside and out!

You could make a new pitman arm with what you have if you have the welding skills (I am NOT recommending this !!). It isn't a easy solution but it has been done before also.

Michael

What gear box do you have? XJ or 99 dodge?
If it dodge there is somthing with some not all not letting jeeps go lock to lock.

Back