• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Sway Bar End Link Suggestions?

QuillsXJ

NAXJA Forum User
I am looking to get a new set of front sway bar end links. I want to get the kind that will not disconnect. I personally have no use for this style. I have close to a 7" lift. Can someone point me towards a good set?

If you have a pick and pull nearby you should be able to find a set. Many OEM vertical links use a nut at the top which you can replace with a wing nut. The bolt that goes into the axle mount can be replaced with a hitch pin and clip to retain it.

I have run as much as 5" of lift using a Ford F250 rear sway bar vertical link. I know there were others that were longer that had the right offset which I didnt use. The Ford link might work. A little incline in the bar wont hurt as long as under articulation with the bar in the drooped side doesnt bind up where the top of the link goes through the sway bar. Ford rear links might work for you even at 7".

Its a cheap solution, very strong and easy to connect and disconnect. Best way to find one is to go the the yard, pull an xj vertical link then walk around all the trucks and find one thats the right length and offset.

John

Back