• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

94 seat in 97 XJ

MahnkenVille

NAXJA Forum User
my seat bracket is torn where it meets one of the bolts on the drivers seat, so i have a rocking-chair effect on it. I can pick up a matching seat out of a 94 in great shape for 20 bucks today but want to make sure its a direct bolt in before i get it. were the seat frame/bracket (whatever you wanna call it) the same in the 94 and 97?

Thanks,
Greg

They changed the seat frame design in 95 so, You would have to get a 95+ seat frame to fit yours. You can unbolt the seat from the frame and swap those though!

damn. my seat is actually in great shape its just that bracket. i'll have to pass on that then.

local guy in our club is parting a 94, or take it whole. let me know if you guys need anything.

thanks for the help

You wouldn't like the older seats, they lay back to far and its like your riding on a damn couch and they sit lower as well. I put '99 seats in my '93 and its way more comfortable, the seat backs go farther forward. Had to make custom mounts though.

i could use the seats, lol. but dont feel like going to new york to get them.

any chance you could weld the bracket to fix it?

Exactly, most automotive upholstery shops in my area will weld up seat frames and add reinforcements where necessary.

If you have the skill you can "skin" the seat and do it yourself.

And for some strange reason I think the seat pedestal/floor pan changed in 93/94, and not sure if there was another change in 97 with the new body.

Back