• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

new to naxja

welcome to naxja. take your hat off and stay a while

cant wait to see your jeep. what lift are you adding? brand? size?

I allready have 3" Rc lift for less than a month and I regret it all ready. The leaf packs I have no complaints about but the coil springs are ridiculously stiff. Feels like my front end is going to tear off everytime i hit the smallest bump. So now Im searching for a used RE spring or anything with a better ride and the extra half inch to 1 inch would be just a plus. Depending on what I find for my coils I a shackle for the rear, maybe 3/4 maybe an inch. Just something to give me more space from the rear fender to the tire.

If I can find a decently priced spring than I intend to do a partial bedliner paint job in two weeks. I got an interesting month for me and my xj. Thanks for the welcome, and if anyone knows of anyone with a 3.5" lift coil spring (rubicon) or better let me know

Welcome aboard... good peeps, good advice, good times!

I allready have 3" Rc lift for less than a month and I regret it all ready. The leaf packs I have no complaints about but the coil springs are ridiculously stiff. Feels like my front end is going to tear off everytime i hit the smallest bump. So now Im searching for a used RE spring or anything with a better ride and the extra half inch to 1 inch would be just a plus. Depending on what I find for my coils I a shackle for the rear, maybe 3/4 maybe an inch. Just something to give me more space from the rear fender to the tire.

If I can find a decently priced spring than I intend to do a partial bedliner paint job in two weeks. I got an interesting month for me and my xj. Thanks for the welcome, and if anyone knows of anyone with a 3.5" lift coil spring (rubicon) or better let me know
Why do you think its the coils?

What Shocks are on the rig?

I have the 9000 shocks on there. I didnt know what it was and the springs were something that had been mentioned b4 by other people. The shocks I have are rated for 2-4" lift. The springs are making all sorts of horrible noises too, like they are too too stiff. You can hear it. It is a theory of mine. I want the extra half inch or so as well cause the clearance is barely even there. So Im hoping I can kill two birds with one stone, fix a little bit of the stiffness and and a little more lift. I have adjustable control arms so I can lengthen those to accomadate the difference, plus a trac bar was purchased on friday (should ship tommorow). Ive rode in other jeeps that had the same shocks, but a rustys spring and nowhere near the harshness of the ride.

Do you have another theory?

Yeah.. my theory is the "9000" shocks are your issue..
RC actually has a nice spring-rate.. but they're shocks are stiffer then rocks.

Try upgrading your shocks to some bilsteins/pro comp MX-6/Rough country 2.2's

Most chinese white body shocks suck, but there are a few that have "decent" reviews.. I personally like doetsch tech. Great price, decent ride quality..

the number 1 no no.. rough country 8000/9000 shocks

So what would be an affordable alternative to put on there? I got a little bit of money my wife has alloted as a b-day present. What should I replace? I was gonna try to find a used 3.5 spring and a 3/4 shackle to give me a little better clearance and then a bucket of rhino lining to make her look a little prettier. Should I start a thread about this or is this one of those topics that is hit on over and over? I would love some input

Ok so obviously Im new to the forum. On CF there is a place to put all questions about lifting and such, and I know how agrivated people get when you post a thread about it. So is there a thread like that here on NAXJA. Does anyone have the link?

Ok so obviously Im new to the forum. On CF there is a place to put all questions about lifting and such, and I know how agrivated people get when you post a thread about it. So is there a thread like that here on NAXJA. Does anyone have the link?

Check out the Modified Tech section (on the main page) for any questions regarding lifts, gears, armor, etc. Do some searching on the subject before, and see if you can find what your looking for. Here's a good thread on searching.

http://naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73349

As for shocks, I have zero complaints about my Bilstein 5125's. Love them, and will be buying another set when these wear out. They're not cheap, but well worth it.

just did a little research on the bilistein shocks and if what the site says is true those are amazing. Anyone else got any other brands? Want to make an imformed decision instead of just diving in this time and getting something I cant wait to get off

Back