• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

best place to get new knock sensor???

1990heepxj

NAXJA Forum User
k so autozone doesnt carry my knock sensor and napa was closed so does napa carry it or is this gonna be an order only item? mines cracked in half and apparently has been since i got it since shes had a ping the whole time even on 91.

i got mine from the dealer. they ordered it for me, had it the next day. i can't recall the price, but i seem to remember thinking that it was very reasonable.

1990heepxj, you have another problem. Yes, the knock sensor will pull timing and help to eliminate detonation. But, it shouldn't be pinging on 91 octane. Is it poor fuel quality? Sounds like something else is causing the problem.

I would snag one at the salvage yard, other than physical damage they usually don't fail.

Is your engine a stroker?

ok ya my knock sensor was in half so i grabbed one from the JY. no mines not a stroker. but with the junk yard one in its still has a ping. could my iac be a possibility cuz my idle changes all the time

Did you torque the knock sensor per FSM?

10 N*m or 89 inch/pounds or it won't work correctly.

My 89 was doing the knock thing..I changed it out and still did it..I did a tune up an still done it..Then i changed the fuel filter, it no longer knocks..(PING).. Is was very dirty so i guessed it slowed the fuel down..I don't know..I'm running 87 octane now..

Back