• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Quick question about fog lights.

Pen_Two

NAXJA Forum User
I have a few spare unknown year Grand Cherokee fog lights sitting in my room and was wondering if they were any different than the XJ's fog lights. I know the mounting plate is slightly different (vertical vs horizontal)...but that's all I know. I know the Grand's have a curved lens making them distinctly a Left Hand or a Right Hand side light. I'd appreciate any info on this since I seem to be unable to find any stock lights on a junkyard XJ and pictures online seem to never show the angle I need to see.

Figured out they are the '93 - '98 Grand Cherokee fogs. Don't know why I couldn't figure that out since they were round on the 2nd gens.

Again, if anyone knows...please let me know. I don't want to waste a trip in the morning just to find out they're different.

Have no clue. What kind of angle do you need?

Well, mine has factory fogs but I don't think the lights themselves are original. Mine are rather flat and don't seem to distinguish between left and right.

Team Cherokee has the OEM fogs listed and *do* distinguish left from right. You can't tell in the photo what's different.

http://www.teamcherokee.com/Lighting/index.html (then scroll down a bit).

I'd guess the right side one throws the beam more off to the right and left to left. I just aim mine to compensate.

Why not hook them up, if you can't them aimed where you want swap them around until you get it the way you want.

You have them, might as well use them.

Back