• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

car was stolen. What are my odds

dellstopjeep

NAXJA Forum User
Well my daily driver cas was stolen last night and hasnt showed up yet. Its worth no more than a grand so I can only assume someone wanted something that sorta blended in. My jeep was right beside it and wasnt messed with. Now I am driving a jeep that can barely be driving on the freeway right now to work. Good times. With basic liability on this thing how it returns is how it returns.
Guess my question is what are the odds I will even see my car again? Anyone go through this lately?
Now I need a replacement dd and I am looking to spend no more than 2500. Hopefully I can find a late model at that price.

That sucks.. Here's my first car.. in 2005.. I had just finished swapping in a DOHC 16v motor the same week it got jacked..

Picture3.jpg

DSCN5434.jpg

DSCN5438.jpg

DSCN5440.jpg

Dam that sucks sorry to hear that. Good luck on seeing it in any good shape again sorry to say that but that's how it goes.

Scott OUCH lol

Looks like they joyrode it till they ran into something and then pulled what they wanted and left. Lame.

My dad lost his early 90s Civic that way, someone stole it right out of the driveway a few winters ago and joyrode it around till they stuffed it into a snowbank, then stole a pair of slippers, CDs, and some change and disappeared. They didn't even bother stopping it, the police found it still running the next morning - in fact its loss wasn't even noticed till the police called up and said they found it. The damage ended up being the steering column (as usual) and the bumper cover, everything else was fine. Thieves didn't take the brand new skis that were in the trunk (they were gonna go skiing that day) and all it really did was delay things.

Good luck.

A friend of mine got his honda back after quite a while, and it was in better shape along with some expensive rims. Ya never know..

A friend of mine got his honda back after quite a while, and it was in better shape along with some expensive rims. Ya never know..
haha thats awesome..

When i was 13.. i had a bike frame stolen from my side yard. 2 weeks later my neighbor was yelling outside at somebody, i walked out and my neighbor had a 12ga pointed at some dude's head. That dude was a homeless guy.. riding my bike.. The homeless dude had fixed up the bike and my neighbor got it back for me. :thumbup:

haha thats awesome..

When i was 13.. i had a bike frame stolen from my side yard. 2 weeks later my neighbor was yelling outside at somebody, i walked out and my neighbor had a 12ga pointed at some dude's head. That dude was a homeless guy.. riding my bike.. The homeless dude had fixed up the bike and my neighbor got it back for me. :thumbup:

Nice..

In addition to my friends honda story.. the ins co had paid his car off, and after he got it back the police had gotten him a new vin and title for the car. He then sold it and pocketed the cash.

i had mine broken into in my own drive way. they stole my coat some rc stuff my tool box my ammo box and the face plate to my radio

Back