• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

temp guage

userbmx1315

NAXJA Forum User
my temp guage is sticking and wont let the electric fan come on. how can i fix this? it will not go over 200

i have a seperate after market guaGE that read 210 and the fan still didnt come on, so my guess is that the guage is keeping the fan from running.

i have a dual fan set up out of a taurus but dont know the year. if i cant get it fixed right then i'ma install these with a toggle switch,

isnt 210 the normal running temp? my aux fan doesnt come on till 215 or above. as far as i can tell there is nothing wrong

hmm. mine used to come on at 200. i'll have to double check. maybe i have a problem or maybe i'm being a dumb@SS today. haha
thanks for trhe fast reply.

The e-fan turns on at about 215-218*. The temp gauge on the dash is not certified, it just shows approximate temps.

Test the e-fan, test or replace the coolant temp sensor and the fan relay. Check for loose, dirty, or damaged wires and connectors.

Back