• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Ten Factory axle shafts - opinions?

casm

NAXJA Forum User
Long story short: my stock D44 rear shafts are shot. Polishing the seal surfaces as part of a seal replacement took too much off to get a good seal again, so I'm looking at just replacing the shafts and doing an alloy upgrade while I'm in there.

Anyone have any comments about Ten Factory's quality? Their prices are good, but I wasn't able to dig up a whole lot in the way of yes or no votes for the quality of their shafts.

They package shafts very poorly when they ship them, but the shafts are top quality and they are VERY good about the warranty.

I was able to send an SMS to my sales rep's cell phone while sitting at TDS with a broken shaft, and he had the warranty proccessed before I got home.

I have Alloy USA front shafts (Ten Factory bought up Alloy USA and is now offering the same product under the Ten Factory name) and I have been very happy with them. When I broke one because of bad spotting they replaced it with no hassle at all.

I have Alloy USA front shafts (Ten Factory bought up Alloy USA and is now offering the same product under the Ten Factory name) and I have been very happy with them. When I broke one because of bad spotting they replaced it with no hassle at all.
wrong. alloy usa was bought out by another company. and ron one of the former head guys at alloy teamed up with motive gear and formed 10factory. and them being a stand up company are warrantying alloy usa shafts since the company that bought out alloy could care less about customers.

The Superior Discovery series replacement shafts are cheeper, and you can get the Timken bearings and seals, and wheel studs from Autozone all for about $260 plus shipping/tax W/E.

Driver side
http://www.4wheelparts.com/prodDetail.aspx?partNo=SAGDC6170CS&jeep-parts=true
Passenger side(I think)
http://www.4wheelparts.com/prodDetail.aspx?partNo=SAGDC6140CL&jeep-parts=true

I've broken both sides on my rear D44 with the Discovery Series shafts. I broke the passenger side @ Windrock and the drivers side @ Morris Mountain. IMHO I wouldn't recommend the Discovery Series. I do however recommend the Evolution Series. Those are tough shafts.

When I bought the shafts originally, the boxes said Evolution but were mis packaged as Discovery. That was found out after they were returned for warranty. All ended well and they replaced the shafts with Evo's but not before I Fubar'd my carrier and bearings.

The Superior Discovery series replacement shafts are cheeper, and you can get the Timken bearings and seals, and wheel studs from Autozone all for about $260 plus shipping/tax W/E.

Driver side
http://www.4wheelparts.com/prodDetail.aspx?partNo=SAGDC6170CS&jeep-parts=true
Passenger side(I think)
http://www.4wheelparts.com/prodDetail.aspx?partNo=SAGDC6140CL&jeep-parts=true

The last several times I bought rear shafts from former ally / new 10 factory, they came WITH all of the Timken bearings and such included in the price.

I've broken both sides on my rear D44 with the Discovery Series shafts. I broke the passenger side @ Windrock and the drivers side @ Morris Mountain. IMHO I wouldn't recommend the Discovery Series. I do however recommend the Evolution Series. Those are tough shafts.

When I bought the shafts originally, the boxes said Evolution but were mis packaged as Discovery. That was found out after they were returned for warranty. All ended well and they replaced the shafts with Evo's but not before I Fubar'd my carrier and bearings.

Nice to know, not that I'm concerned about mine, I've got Evolution shafts.

The last several times I bought rear shafts from former ally / new 10 factory, they came WITH all of the Timken bearings and such included in the price.

You can but the kits, and get bearings, seals, and studs with the shafts, but it ends up being about $410(for Discovery's), much cheeper to piece it together by yourself.

wrong. alloy usa was bought out by another company. and ron one of the former head guys at alloy teamed up with motive gear and formed 10factory. and them being a stand up company are warrantying alloy usa shafts since the company that bought out alloy could care less about customers.
I stand corrected.

Back