• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

anyone ever make a stem adapter for the 5150's

rcliftedXJ

NAXJA Forum User
i know i can buy them through shockwarehouse but i feel like i could make one and not spend 40 bucks plus shipping on the adapters. if anyone has or know where i can find some pics or threads on this it would be awsome.

thanks

i know i can buy them through shockwarehouse but i feel like i could make one and not spend 40 bucks plus shipping on the adapters. if anyone has or know where i can find some pics or threads on this it would be awsome.thanks

The top of a 5150 has a short threaded stud, probably metric thread, which the adaptor screws onto.
Guess you could find a deep metric nut to fit the shock and then weld a piece of all-thread to the top of it for the stem mount.
It may not be as strong as the one-piece machined stem from Bilstein

Made my own. The thread of the top stud is 12mm x 1mm. I just ordered some nuts from McMaster and then welded them to 3/8" bolts and used the stud bushing set from a normal shock. Plus it give you a little more uptravel than using the adaptors.

how has that worked out for you and how many wiles have you put on it that way?
Made my own. The thread of the top stud is 12mm x 1mm. I just ordered some nuts from McMaster and then welded them to 3/8" bolts and used the stud bushing set from a normal shock. Plus it give you a little more uptravel than using the adaptors.

Back