• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

RE Longarms LCA maximum length

3XJFamily

NAXJA Forum User
I've had the RE Longarm on for awhile, set up for about 4.5" of lift. The initial setting for the LCA length was too short, and we adjusted it out once. But, now I've put new tires on, and it looks like I need to push the axle out a little further as the tire rubs on the backside of the drivers fender under full flex.

Anyone know what the maximum length is for these LCAs?

Eric, he's got the radius arm kit, so the LCA's move the entire axle fore/aft.

I think the rule is that the thread engagement on the big frame side joint needs to be as deep as the threads are wide. So if the shank of the joint is 1", it needs to be 1" deep in the threads of the arm.

I think the rule is that the thread engagement on the big frame side joint needs to be as deep as the threads are wide. So if the shank of the joint is 1", it needs to be 1" deep in the threads of the arm.
that's the bare minimum. it's better to be at 1.5x deep.

have you fully clearanced the fender and installed proper bumpstops? a little tire rubbing isn't the end of the world.

that's the bare minimum. it's better to be at 1.5x deep.

have you fully clearanced the fender and installed proper bumpstops? a little tire rubbing isn't the end of the world.

Yeah, it's properly bumpstopped and fenders are trimmed to the holes allowing the flares to go back in the stock location rather than cut-n-fold. My old 32's were kind of worn and stuffed with no issues. With new 33's, I'm still good at the top of the fender opening but, catch the backside of the opening on the drivers side (passenger side clears OK). I'm getting some slicing on the outer lugs and it's tweaking the back of the fender. . .

The arms are at equal length, I think it's that due to the track bar, it just twists up a little different.

Cut more, screw the stock fenders. I had trimmed my fenders when I had a Rusty's 3" kit and it looked great. When I upgraded to wider tires with less backspacing and a taller lift with tons of flex, I found out that all flexed out, the tires hit the back of the fender opening like yours do. All I did was break out the grinder again and cut the back part of the fender from the bodyline down. Cut off one of the fender mounting bolts in the pinch seam as well. Everything is clearanced fine now.

i didn't want to say this until i had gotten a little more info from the OP, but i will now because sunburned beat me to it:

the only way to never rub is to cut more.

Back