• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Renix to HO -- D30 swap needed?

Gjeep

NAXJA Forum User
I'm swaping all my 89 Renix wiring, etc from my truck and installing all '91 HO wiring. I have a new NP231 transfer case for the electric vs vacuum 4wd engagement, but my question is do I need to swap to the '91 D30 vac disco axle to get everything to engage properly? I wouldn't think so, just looking for fact. Thanks

There was no electric engagement on the XJ. Manual T case. The only tihng that changed was the vacuum swith that activated the CAD motor on te axle and tripped a vacuum switch that activated the light. They simply removed the vacuum stuff and tripped the light right from the case using a switch.

Anyway, it sounds lke you've got a 91 donor, which most likely has a solid shaft passenger side axle.

You can:
Swap the solid shaft and make a block off plate for the CAD motor. You need a new seal to do it, you'll have to search for the part number. I believe rustys had a kit to do it.

You can reverse the cad motor on it's mount so the mode fork is always engaged.
You can use a vacuum switch from a FSJ to manually control the CAD motor.
You can shim the mode fork over with washers and a hose clamp to engage it permanently.
You can buy or make a posilock to control the disconnect with a cable.
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/home-made-posi-lock-write-up-595515/

Back