• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

need some bracket ideas for a hp 44

dellstopjeep

NAXJA Forum User
I am trying to figure out some good ideas for building a couple brackets on my hp 44. I need to make some sway bar links and a place to mount a steering stabilizer axle side. I have ballistic brackets with the offset trackbar mount, chevy knuckles and hi steer arms. Only idea I have seen that will work for a swaybar right now are the teraflex mounts that weld to the c's but I am not paying a 100 dollars a set and those would look difficult to build.
Any pictures of some setups you guys have would be awesome.
thanks!

Might also want to "think out of the box" a little.Most tend to ignore the fact that the links can be any shape.Alot of vehicles have the sway-bar mounted to the axle with links going to hard mounts on the frame.

I am trying to figure out some good ideas for building a couple brackets on my hp 44. I need to make some sway bar links and a place to mount a steering stabilizer axle side. I have ballistic brackets with the offset trackbar mount, chevy knuckles and hi steer arms. Only idea I have seen that will work for a swaybar right now are the teraflex mounts that weld to the c's but I am not paying a 100 dollars a set and those would look difficult to build.
Any pictures of some setups you guys have would be awesome.
thanks!

I'll have to get some more recent pics for you, but I made sway bar links that attach to the inner c's. I too saw the terflex ones and liked the idea, but couldn't stomach the price. Using some 1/4" I had laying around, some agle, and some braces, I made some that have worked out OK.

The post is mounted going the wrong direction in this pic and I added more triangle braces on the angles, but it should give you an idea.
swaybarmount1.jpg

For my stabilizer, I welded a plate in between the track bar mount and the axle side upper control arm mount. I then had a stud for mounting the steering stabilizer that I put though that. For the tie rod side, I used a tube clamp. The only things that sucks about this set up, is having to loosen up or take off the tie rod side mount to adjust toe.

P1040605.jpg

stabilzer1.jpg

stabilzer2.jpg

I'll have to get some more recent pics for you, but I made sway bar links that attach to the inner c's. I too saw the terflex ones and liked the idea, but couldn't stomach the price. Using some 1/4" I had laying around, some agle, and some braces, I made some that have worked out OK.

The post is mounted going the wrong direction in this pic and I added more triangle braces on the angles, but it should give you an idea.
swaybarmount1.jpg

For my stabilizer, I welded a plate in between the track bar mount and the axle side upper control arm mount. I then had a stud for mounting the steering stabilizer that I put though that. For the tie rod side, I used a tube clamp. The only things that sucks about this set up, is having to loosen up or take off the tie rod side mount to adjust toe.

P1040605.jpg

stabilzer1.jpg

stabilzer2.jpg

thanks for the pictures this kind of gives me an idea, at least the stabilizer mount seems fairly simple.

Might also want to "think out of the box" a little.Most tend to ignore the fact that the links can be any shape.Alot of vehicles have the sway-bar mounted to the axle with links going to hard mounts on the frame.

not sure if i have ever seen this before and pictures?

X2. Except the swaybar on the axle bit, I don't like stuff like that so far down because it clutters things up more, I suspect it'd snag on things and makes changing the diff fluid + setting up the steering more difficult.

I struggled with this too, but here is what I finally did.
Put the steering on and mocked up the track bar bracket, and then turned the wheels both ways to check clearances. The last thing I worried about was the sway bar brackets.

Might be a little unconventional but it works. I need to rework them when I get around to lengthening my track bar.
IMG_2247.jpg

IMG_2276.jpg

IMG_2266.jpg

trd_xj42 pictures no working.
I am having some issues with it kinda pulling a bit left to right driving down the road at speeds above 35-40. Driveable but not as nice as I would like especially on trips to the trail that take an hour or two. Plus I have been wanting to get these things done anyways so I figured now would be a good time. I like the extended sway bar mounts from jks just not sure if they will work or not. does anyone have them mounted up so i can see how they kinda sit. Still expensive at 50 bucks if they dont work for me.

Your images are broken for me too, unlike 99% of people with broken images though you got your IMG tags and image file location right :)thumbup:), but your host is not allowing access to the images from a remote site. Probably has to do with some sort of access control / security or hotlinking prevention.

works great now!

You can only edit for the 45 minutes following the post. After 45 minutes it's set in stone unless you harass a mod into fixing it for you.

Back