• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Cruise control swap onto 95 XJ...

wy_jeep

NAXJA Forum User
Does anybody have advice on doing this? My 95 does not have it. There are plenty of cruise control setups in my local yards, but I'm not sure on what all I need to pull. Also, are the control switches in the dash or a lever on the steering column? All of the setups that I've seen in the yards have neither.

on a 95 they're going to be on the steering wheel itself, right under the airbag.

What you need to pull:
* switch panel (phillips screws from the back of the steering wheel)
* clockspring (pull steering wheel WITH WHEELS CENTERED to access this, you will need a tamperproof torx-20 bit to remove the multi function switch from the steering column to get to one of the mounting clips)
* actuator and throttle cable under the hood.

I believe that's it.

Are there differences between the years 96 and lower on the cruise control? I don't know if the yard has an exact 95 I can pull from.

yeah, 94 and earlier have a completely different steering column and wheel. 95 and 96 are unfortunately the only years you'll be able to pull those parts from.

Back