• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Possibly purchasing a 99' XJ.....input needed.

That's nice looking! What's the mileage? Will an Affidavit in Leiu of Title show if the title has been re-built? Although you could just check the vin with carfax.

Looks like a Classic to me. I have a 2000 Sport; what does it look like to you?

Why does it not look like a classic?

Agreed. Classic should be body color painted bumpers, grill, etc. NOT a Classic trim level.

I can run a carfax for you if you get the VIN#. Also, if you're interested in having the rig checked out, and your dad could get it down to Auburn, I could perform a pre-buyer inspection for you.

John

Agreed. Classic should be body color painted bumpers, grill, etc. NOT a Classic trim level.

John
This..

Classic
JeepSig2.gif

Other
1998.jeep.cherokee.6026-396x249.jpg

Cheokee SE I have the same one. 4.0l aw4 231 cruise tilt a/c rear defrost I think that about it. The only thing I would really watch out for is he wants cash to give you no real title. I would do something like 1/4 down he go's to the dmv with your dad and when the paper work is done he gets the rest of the money.

Need to watch out for them CRAIGSLIST FLAKES and scamers

Also I think 99 are the best year to get. 297x front joint hp30, 231 for sure in the se model 29 spline 8.25. My 99 has more power and gets better gas mpg then my fathers 01.

dont the 99's ish have the problematic 0331 head

oh lol didnt know that. the still have the smaller exhaust ports right?

I have heard that most people regard the year model as the zenith year of the xj.

Yep! looked for a long time for mine. Best front axle best motor and best rear axle all in one package. No changing parts to get the good stuff. I know others will say. What good stuff? I don't need 60's and a small block just stuff that won't break going over a speed bump like a 35c would.

Dave

oh lol didnt know that. the still have the smaller exhaust ports right?

I personally have not researched that. I do know I bought my father an 01 with just under 80k on it and my 99 has just over 90k on it, mine also has 31" tires. Both have just been fully service by be. Mine the 99 has more power and also gets better mpg then the 01. Why I do not know maybe something to do with all the catalytic converters and O2 sensors the 01 has?

Dave

That is a seriously clean XJ. I'd say the price is steep but not sure what the market is near you. It looks to be a great platform to build from. Just check under the doors for rot and the interior for electrical gremlins. Some are easy to fix, others not so much.

I love my '99 best of all the XJs I've had.

Let us know if you buy her!

ThNKS FOR ALL THE INPUT!

I will be talking to my wife about this tonight.

Its tough seeing an XJ this clean slip through my hands!

Will keep you guys updated and thanks again.

Back