• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Currie Anti Rock Sway Bar Disconnects?

tone

NAXJA Forum User
Just wondering if anyone has made some a quick disconnect for a Currie Anti Rock before? I know this is the "sway bar you can off road with" but for crawling I would like to make some type of a disconnect for it so I can get better flex. Anyone made anything or is there a differnt arm with more holes and a bend or something?

The Currie Anti Rock I have is the one T&Js sells if that helps?

fc89c948.jpg

The pic is to give you a idea of what I mean...

I smell a Troll............

thought the Idea of the anti-rock sway bar was so that it wouldn't limit your front flex. I could be wrong on this one but that is how I understood it...

thought the Idea of the anti-rock sway bar was so that it wouldn't limit your front flex. I could be wrong on this one but that is how I understood it...

x2

I think it does though, maybe the arms are too short or I don't have it set up right?

Maybe you could modify it to work something like the Tera-flex kit!
file_45_17.jpg

That looks basically the same as the currie set up except the L brackets, what do they do I'm not familar with that kit?

I've wheeled with the anti-rock system and felt it did a great job at what it's claimed to do!

Im kind of bummed it got destroyed in a snow bank accident

I'm not saying that it doesn't do a good job for what it's made for but there has to be a way to get more droop out of the front with it on...

That looks basically the same as the currie set up except the L brackets, what do they do I'm not familar with that kit?

The knob completely disconnects the swaybar without removing the links.

Yes,but that technically disconnects both sides!

Ok, it was kinda hard to picture it in my head...
What the disconnect does is just prevents one arm from exerting any twisting force on the torsion bar. Both links stay connected but but they are not connected to each other through the torsion bar. This is a great design because it is easy to use and quick to disconnect/reconnect. If I weren't so poor I would definitely use this type of setup.

Which setting are you using on your arms, and how many holes does it have?

4 holes, running in the 3rd hole.

100_3447.jpg

IMG_2511.jpg

IMG_5265.jpg

Based on your photos, the weight of your Jeep appears to be transfered to the front axle somewhat evenly. I wouldn't use this as a gauge for how well the anti-rock allows your suspension to flex.

If you truely feel that your anti-rock setup is impairing flexibility, find a location to flex up your rig, measure it and then unbolt one end of the anti-rock linkage and replicate the flex and then compare the measurements.

Back