• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Something Wrong With My 4X4

marine1

NAXJA Forum User
well, whenever i my jeep into 4 Wheel Drive, it runs fine, but then when i go to turn it off, it stays in 4 Wheel Drive, the lever is down, but the 4X4 is still engaged, and it makes a grinding sound right after, plus, it will stay in 4X4 until i mess around with it for awhile.... any thoughts??

oh yeah sorry... um, it's an 87 Wagoneer... TC i think is 231, it doesn't have the full time four wheel drive feature, so i think that's what it is...

That happens to me. Its a bushing thats bad on my likage, i just get under there hook the linkage back in the selector tab on the TC and it should work for like one pull then it comes out again. Or just move the tab so the transfer case goes back to 2wd. Check that out.

did i leave that out... haha yeah thats what i did, just got a new bushing and popped it back in, theyre pretty hard to do but with a pry bar and some elbow grease, youll get it.

Back