• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Trottle body

What problems are you having? I realize you are in Norway, so we may have a bit of a communication barrier to work through. Tell us what is going on and we will try to help.

cherokee89 said:
What problems are you having? I realize you are in Norway, so we may have a bit of a communication barrier to work through. Tell us what is going on and we will try to help.
I have problems with high idle some times.I think I have do all for it.I have try to reply all sensors,new IAc many times and TPS,but evertime I have IAC out,so I think the seat on trottle body meet the valve on the side.
Every time I have IAC out its ok for a little time so unstable again.I have own this car for 8 years and have the problem all the time.So I think I want too try another trottle body.
Thanks
Per
Norway

Is the high idle only during start up?Get your engine warm,let the idle settle to normal and unplug the iac while the motor is idleing.Leave the iac unplugged and restart the motor....does it still have a high idle?If it does then it would confirm that you have a leak or bad seat in the tb. or intake manifold.

If it idles normal now after you disconnected the iac then I would suspect bad iac or bad latch circuit.Which is responsible for positioning the iac for start up

Last edited:
outlander said:
Is the high idle only during start up?Get your engine warm,let the idle settle to normal and unplug the iac while the motor is idleing.Leave the iac unplugged and restart the motor....does it still have a high idle?If it does then it would confirm that you have a leak or bad seat in the tb. or intake manifold.

If it idles normal now after you disconnected the iac then I would suspect bad iac or bad latch circuit.Which is responsible for positioning the iac for start up
Thanks,I want to try it.
Yes,it is only with start the high idle come.Not every time.
Per

Hello,I have buy a new car for me a 1998 cherokee Limited 4 liter.Some times when I shal start the car,start it and run little but stop.Time after time but waiting,so start and it run.It is a sensor?
Per Garvag:viking:

Back