• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Need upgrade front D30 to D44

diegom6

NAXJA Forum User
Hello,

I'm looking to upgrade my front Dana30 with a Dana44 just like my D44 in the back (factory as is a 87 with tow package) since the front d30 can't hold the abuse, the 4.10 gears and the reverse cut + plus the 32x11.50 r15 tires besides the 4.6L stroker....all for sand/dunes racing. I just broke a fairly new set of R&P installed in my D30 and I don't want to keep wastingmy money in the D30.

Wish I could find Venezuelan XJ down here but they are pretty hard to find for the direct swapp.

BEsides Currie, what else can I look for it? Also, DIY can be made, what Dana44 shoudl I look for, that can hod the abuse, jumps, etc etc to build it?

Thanks for any input.

Explain please.

Some of the Xjs came with High Pinion D44s stock, Kevin from Kevins Off Road has on in his Grand. Some of the Mjs down there even came with rear 60s.

Yes, Venezuelan Jeeps are hardcores. I mean the ZJ for example came with Dana 44 in both ends, all from steel, not the aluminum hosuing you find n US ZJ's ;) I even have a rear ZJ Dana44 froma wrecked Venezuelan ZJ in my shopp :D

Same happen with the XJ, they come with Dana44's in both ends I even serviced few of those in my shopp some time ago, but there jsut few of them runing in my country.

I didn't split/broke in half the axle, jus the ring an dpinion for second or third time (can't remember exactly how many times) and I'm not making hweelies on the sand, just, exactly what you see in the Dakar racing, we do pretty much the same but in a samller enviroment and amateur mode. Jumps, intesne heat, lot of abuse for the engine and drive train etc etc.

I have a incoming race in few weekas ahead but I just don't want to waste y time keep fixing my Dana30 on front.

Back