• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Questions about my hybrid 4" lift kit

Here's a list of my parts

Rubicon Express drop brackets
JKS Adjustable Upper Control Arms
OME Long Travel Shocks
JKS Adj. Trackbar OR (Rubricon Express Adjustable Trackbar)
Front Extended Bump stops
OME Leaf Springs w/ D22XL Extra Leafs
JKS Adj Lower Control Arms
DPG Swaybar Disco Cables
OME Coil Springs & Spacers
DPG Adj Rear Bumpstop Plate Kit
Leaf Spring Bushings
JKS Quicker Disconnects
New U-Bolt Kit
DOT SS Brakelines (F&R)

Should I go with the JKS Adj. Trackbar OR the Rubricon Express Adj. Trackbar? Is there much of a difference?

sounds like the hybrid dpg kit to me plus some drop brackets. Might want to just call them and order it up they specialize in both RE and OME lifts, and are great at making hybrid stuff

That’s exactly what it is. I’m about to order from Dirk at DPG offroad and want to make sure that I have everything. My main question is whether to go with the JKS trackbar or the RE trackbar. I thought one was more durable than the other….but I can’t remember.

Get the RE HD bar and bracket.I also recommend the trackbar brace.Dirk is awsome to work with and will get you the best prices.

Get the RE HD bar and bracket.I also recommend the trackbar brace.Dirk is awsome to work with and will get you the best prices.

I just got an email from one of my friends who builds XJ's, this is what he said, "Go with the heavy duty RE trackbar with bracket (RE1660 and RE1665), not that cheap piece of crap RE1600 adjustable trackbar. There is a huge difference between the two. I prefer the RE over the JKS because the RE replaces the factory trackbar bracket with a heavy duty one and the joint is in double sheer instead of single sheer like the JKS."

Yeah, I buy everything from Dirk. He's honest and will always spend the extra time helping you out. Plus, the price is always right.

Just dont forget the brace,I run them on both my rigs,really stiffens things up ALOT!

Okay, here's the final lineup. I'm trying to build the best 4" lift. How does it look?

DPG Super Ultimate 4" Hybrid XJ System with a few goodies added

OME Coil Springs & Spacers
OME Long Travel Shocks
OME Leaf Springs w/ D22XL Extra Leafs
Leaf Spring Bushings
JKS Adjustable Upper Control Arms
JKS Adj Lower Control Arms
JKS Quicker Disconnects
Rubricon Express Trackbar and drop brackets(RE1660 and RE1665)
DPG Swaybar Disco Cables
DPG Adj Rear Bumpstop Plate Kit
Front Extended Bump stops
New U-Bolt Kit
DOT SS Brakelines (F&R)

fwiw i called a month ago about the bump plates, he didnt have stock and couldnt tell me when he would, i got a local shop to brew em up for me

the RE HD tracbar with brace is the tits tho

i dont see a shackle in there? i run RE 3.5 lift rear springs and a 1.25 shackle, gets way more flex than my friends strait 4.5" leaf pack because the longer shackle allows for more droop, my ride is alot more comfortable as well

fwiw i called a month ago about the bump plates, he didnt have stock and couldnt tell me when he would, i got a local shop to brew em up for me

the RE HD tracbar with brace is the tits tho

i dont see a shackle in there? i run RE 3.5 lift rear springs and a 1.25 shackle, gets way more flex than my friends strait 4.5" leaf pack because the longer shackle allows for more droop, my ride is alot more comfortable as well

Thanks for the heads-up on the bump plates. Where did you get your shackle?

Thanks for the heads-up on the bump plates. Where did you get your shackle?

i just got the rubicon express ones, the local dealer is a cool guy and had some in stock for me, i was looking for just an inch, but 1.25 was as low as i could find on short notice

the guy at DPG directed me to another company that makes basically the same plate, one of the big names, i cant remember who, but it was highway robbery compared to what the dpg guy sold his for

they are nice, but highway robbery!

I just installed mine, that i got custom made for $75 canadian, and then added $30 of poly bumptop too
ill post pictutes tomorrow

If you are willing to drop a little extra coin.. why not go with some ACOS w/ bumpstops instead of the spacers.
Trackbar-wise, maybe check out the ones over at ironman4x4fab.com They have both single/double sheer.

If you are willing to drop a little extra coin.. why not go with some ACOS w/ bumpstops instead of the spacers.
Trackbar-wise, maybe check out the ones over at ironman4x4fab.com They have both single/double sheer.

I suppose that's not a bad idea. I will talk to Dirk and mention the ACOS and see what he recommends. I will also ask about the ironman trackbar to see if it would work with my 4" kit. Thanks for the feedback.

002.jpg

Back