• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

PROJECT: cooler intake

coldforge

NAXJA Forum User
I started working on my project cooler engine bay the other day. I had to stop becuase I have to go find a newer P.S bracket today.

Here is the lava rock wrap i used on the runners only. Stands out to 1200 degrees and spikes of 2000. It was kind of a pain in the butt to do but it started getting easyer.

Photo0027.jpg

oh your using the new style injectors eh?

No im using neon 20lbs injectors. I tryed them on my old intake and wow it ran sooo much better but i had a fuel leak bc one of the seals somehow got cut so i decided to change the whole intake out.

ya i got the new style ones to

I started working on my project cooler engine bay the other day. I had to stop becuase I have to go find a newer P.S bracket today.

Here is the lava rock wrap i used on the runners only. Stands out to 1200 degrees and spikes of 2000. It was kind of a pain in the butt to do but it started getting easyer.

Photo0027.jpg
I must ne a retard for not wrapping my head while it was all apart. I dont know why I wasnt thinking. Seems like an all too easy for the hot underhood problems. I remember gettin them little fuzzies and ithchin for a few days when I did my small block

No i didnt stray it to thick just a very light coat but if it does then it gives me a reason to get a new engine lol But I looked at the intake before i cleaned it and there was alot of burnt build up there so thats why i painted it

I must ne a retard for not wrapping my head while it was all apart. I dont know why I wasnt thinking. Seems like an all too easy for the hot underhood problems. I remember gettin them little fuzzies and ithchin for a few days when I did my small block

Yeah i read somewhere about doing that and the guy only did the runners bc the header might warp if you do the whole thing and i was only worryed about the the part under teh intake

How much did that wrap run you?

the lava rock wasnt to much i got the 2 inch wide and i dont remember how long for around 20ish bucks the must was the dang SS ties i had to get bc they dont come in sets. i have alot of lava rock left too. i got 6 cans of black and crome heat treament spray paint,6 SS short ties and 3 longer SS tiees and the wrap for 100. but like i said i over did it on the supplys lol

Ok well it started off being a 99 intake swap but i have a 95 not a 96 and every junk yard had the pump not the braket so i found one a day later, OK SWEET!!!! I have been working with Bendiesel on the belt size well now im on my 6th belt in 4 days one belt a day soooo now im picking up a 95 and a 96 inch belt hoping that works this time:gee:!!!1

lol sorry this is taking so long. good luck with this new belt

I put a 98 engine in my 91, I kept all the old stuff from the 91 incase the 98 stuff didn`t work BUTT I transfered the 91 fuel rail to the 98 manifold , the fuel return line is real close to the 98 steering pump,Some of the vacuum line fittings had to be changed on the manifold to work all the 91 vacuum lines.I used the 98 brackets for everything else ,used the belt for the 98 it all worked. I guess I didn`t catch why you had to keep trying different belts

I put a 98 engine in my 91, I kept all the old stuff from the 91 incase the 98 stuff didn`t work BUTT I transfered the 91 fuel rail to the 98 manifold , the fuel return line is real close to the 98 steering pump,Some of the vacuum line fittings had to be changed on the manifold to work all the 91 vacuum lines.I used the 98 brackets for everything else ,used the belt for the 98 it all worked. I guess I didn`t catch why you had to keep trying different belts

tell you the truth i have no clue why i had to use so short of a belt but yeah. I just got done driving it down the highway with the upgrade and WOW!!! its like day and night. I did get alot of smoke from the heat wrap but its gone now. Right after i was done driving i checked the how hott the intake felt it was pretty hott but im going to buy a laser temp thingy to see if there is a diff in the temp with the wrap and paint.

Back