• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

ecu info

mattynicks3

NAXJA Forum User
I'm curious as to what ecu's (if any) are compatible with my xj. Its a 1998 sport 4.0 l6, manual transmission, 4x4, power windows & locks. The one that's in there is P56041 532AD. I read somewhere that as long as the numbers are the same they are interchangable...but now for some reason I can't seem to find a post on it. I just want to double check, as I'm in the market for one. Will other years work or does it have to be the same year.
Thanks.

As long as the numbers are the same they're good. The two letters at the end can have some bearing on it, numbers later in the alphabet will indicate a more updated version of the ECU for that year which generally means they found and fixed a bug in the software on it. You should probably have the VIN and mileage updated in it once you install it but it will run without doing that.

Back