• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

spicer ujoints?

OZNAD

NAXJA Forum User
here is exactly what a federated parts counter guy told me... spicer went bankrupt and sold their name to raybestos and mcquay-norris. raybestos to make frames and mcquay-norris to make ujoints. but now spicer owns mcquay-norris and their ujoints are the same.. i dont have a clue who to believe at the stores around here.. i have run the mcquay-norris ujoints in my driveshafts and havent broke one yet.. how true is what the counter guy told me??

In 2004 Dana sold some business units which now operate under Affinia. This includes Wix filters, Bendix brakes, and McQuay-Norris.

Dana subsequently went bankrupt in 2006 but came out in 2008 and is still independent. Dana still owns and sells Spicer.

Affinia might sell some Dana parts under another name dunno. They are different companies though.

the way I read it, Dana (who owned Spicer) went bankrupt in 2004, sold Spicer to Cypress Group (which owns Affina (which owns Raybestos, AIMCO, and McQuay Norris).

Dana has since came out of Chapter 11 bankruptcy and is their own company, but without Spicer.

This is what I've gatherd... I could be wrong, but this is what all the company websites say, pretty much (Affina, Cypress Group, Dana, etc.)

This is starting to sound like an episode of General Hospital or All My Children! :eek:

Back