• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

question on manual to auto swap

stlxjguy

NAXJA Forum User
i got a 94 ho 5spd.hate it on the rocks so i wanna swap a auto in.i need to get the tranny,drive shaft,ecu,shifter and cable right or can i use my drive shaft from my manual.not sure let me know thanks.

I think you need the TB, TPS, TB pressure cable, the TCU, torque converter (stating the obvious, but why not) and yes, the DS too. Don't forget the flexplate, you will have to have it.

Why not trade, for an XJ that has a auto? Especially if you have stock gears.. 3.07's + auto = Epic fail.

ok thanks for the info.and im tired of playing on rocks with the stick and i dont have stock gears.

The easiest would be to locate a donor with the AW4 and tow it home. That way you will have everything you need.

If the donor isn't the same exact year as yours, double check whether or not you need to get a flexplate for an automatic of your year (or rather, a flexplate from an automatic of the same year as the CPS and ECU you use.)

Back