• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

5-760x U-joint install, how??

95' heep

NAXJA Forum User
I got 5-760x U-joints before the WF but I couldnt get them to go in the axleshaft yoke! So I ran the Duralast Gold u-joints (they held up just fine) instead.

I was able to install regular duralast u-joints really easy but its like its too big with the 760 u-joint!

the seals and the cross itself made its a PITA to get together. I even couldnt get the cap to go in the yoke hole.

any hint??

I typically run sandpaper around the inner ears to clean out the old junk, then put a light coating of anti-seize in there and wipe it off with a clean rag. The anti-seize will fill in any pits and lubricate the cap enough to help install but won't lead to spinning if the excess is wiped off.

what do about the seals? I cant find a way to get them on without damaging them

1995 axle shafts. they looks exactly same what the ABS equipped jeep's axle shafts.

From what I hear you can do it with a pickle fork or two trucks and some chain, but that might just be an internet rumor :rolleyes:

I definitely agree with cleaning the gunk out of the yoke ears and using antiseize, you'd be surprised how much that stuff will help.

Back