• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Aussie locker boo-boo. Need quick answer

not a huge deal. If you can see if there are any marks or stains on the two that mate up. I would just install it and check the pattern with an oil based yellow or blue paint.

IIRC there's a C or P stamped on the ring gear mounting flange that over the years makes an indention on the back of the gear itself.

This said I remain unconvinced it would matter in the slightest. If it did you'd have to have some seriously out of spec parts

i never marked the ring to the carrier when i did the lockrite in my 30, never had a issue

Probably not a huge deal, if anything it may be a little noisy until a new pattern gets worked in if there is any run-out at all to either the gear or the carrier. Most times the run-out is minimal.

ive never marked a ring gear ive removed and installed back on. never been an issue of the 7-8 lunchbox lockers ive installed.

bolt it back on, torque it right, and run it

Back