• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

stubby auto console and bench seats, oh my!!

moparjim1987

NAXJA Forum User
here's another off the wall question...is there a stubby console for an automatic? i've seen them in standard shift models, but can they be adapted for use in an automatic? and has anyone installed a bench out of a comanche into a 4 dr. cherokee? i'm kinda partial to a bench seat over buckets, and my regular console is kinda getting in the way. lastly, is there a column shifter for a 97+? i know, sounds like i'm trying to make it a truck, but i'm used to driving with these more, and i'm just toying the idea right now. thanks

The police package had a column shifter, and an MJ bench will bolt right into the pre-94 models

Ehall has it pegged.

So, climbing in the backseat with your GF too much trouble? :D

so, my next question is, how hard is it to find a police equipped xj? i would really like the column shift over the bench, but both would be awesome...

You can use the manual stubby console with the auto. Just pull the shift boot and replace it with the cover out of your auto. Done. I had a base model 92' a couple of years ago that came with the short console so I know that they exist, though they are rare.

i have one. im taking it out to put in a late model console. might be fer sale

did the mg have the hand ebreak in the center console area?

I love to see an XJ with an MJ bench, that be pretty cool.

Back